“A helping hand to the Pain and Palliative Care Society, Calicut”
School of Management Studies, NIT Calicut is organizing ‘STEP UP CALICUT’, a Mini Marathon by joining hands with PPCS, Calicut in association with TARANG'17 to induce awareness regarding the predicaments of those who are enduring the adverse realities of life. PPCS Calicut is facing an urgent demand for oxygen cylinders and the event aims to raise funds to provide these in maximum numbers. Let’s step up for the cause and touch some hearts in a good way.
Inauguration by Hon. District Collector, Kozhikode
Mr. U V Jose IAS
• The stipulated time for the run is 2 hours.
• No cancellation is allowed after registration.
• Top 2 runners (both men and women) will get the prize money as well as medals.
• All runners will get the participation certificates
• Racer Kit including BIB and T-Shirt will be provided for the registered participants.
• Water & Electrolyte drinks will be available throughout the race.
• Distance Markers too will be placed along the route.
• Two ambulances with Doctor & Paramedical staff will be plying along the route.
• Winner’s prize and participation certificates will be awarded at the finish point after the race.
• There is no Parking facility inside the event premises & hence vehicles need to be parked near the lanes at your own risk.
• Route Map will be released on the website as well as the Facebook Event Page once confirmed.(may be subject to change)
• All Marathon runners need to personally come and collect their running kit.
• Website confirmation Message and ID proof of the registered participant is to be presented.
Sarath - +91 9946529904
Angiras - +91 9995176350
I know that running or volunteering for a road race is potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them.
Start Point - Kunnamangalam (Near Pazhe Stand)
End Point - NITC (Inside the campus)
6:00 AM - Inaugural Function
6:15 AM - Zumba/Aerobics/Warm-Up Activities
6:30 AM - Flag Off
8:30 AM - Prize distribution ceremony
Ready to join us?
TIMINGS: 5:30 AM to 9:30 AM
Registration will be closed on 22nd September 2017 or when 300 participants registered.
Please keep referring the website & Facebook page for further updates about the event.
Start - Kunnamangalam Bus Stand Premises
Finish - NIT Calicut Campus
Men - 10 KM Course (detour from 12th mile)
Women - 7 KM Course